Wednesday, June 9, 2010

parent pride

Nobody warns you when you are becoming a parent how “parent pride” really works. People tell you how much you are going to love your child. They warn you how you are going to think they are the cutest newborn in the world even though, in reality all newborns look a little funny. I guess they even tell you how proud you will be at all their milestones. As a parent you expect to be proud when they stand in their little costume on the stage, or make a great play during the game. But nobody tells you how excited you truly are when you son calls to say “I go poop mom. I go poop in the potty mommy.” It’s poop, one of the grossest every day occurrences faced by everyone. It is something my kids have done every day since they were born and lately it has become a big accomplishment. It’s poop in the potty and I am one proud Mommy. No one told me it would be the simply little every day successes that bring so much pride and purpose to parenthood.

No comments: