Saturday, September 6, 2008

Procrastination

As the boys get more mobile I find myself talking about all the things we need to do to baby proof the house, but rarely do I actually get to them. This is the story with lowering the cribs. Three days ago Brad and I discussed how this is long over do. We noted how the only thing keeping the boys from standing in their cribs is that they can't push themselves up from laying down to a sitting position... which means they can't pull themselves up and stand against the rail. However, within the last 48 hours Nathan has perfected this skill. So, we had yet another conversation about how we HAD to change the cribs. But still never got around to it. Today I walked in to check on my crying/supposed to be napping baby just in time to see him sit up and see his little head peak above the crib. Brad and I laughed thinking he was adorable seeing him sitting in his crib and we watched him cry as he pulled himself up and stand against the rail. Yes, I do realize that there is absolutely nothing special or funny about seeing a baby sitting in a crib. But some how when it is your baby everything changes. So apparently after nap time we are dealing with our over procrastination thankful that we caught him in the act before he went overboard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this whole doing new things deal needs to stop until i get home. love you all.