Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's a Girl!!!

Kayla Faith Hockersmith
Born January 18, 2010
9:56 pm
7.9 lb 20 in






Surprise, Surprise! We checked in to the hospital to monitor the baby's movement and checked out 3 days latter with our little one in our arms. Turns out that while the baby had a strong heartbeat and was moving just fine, I was starting early signs of labor. Since we were having a c-section they don't want you to going into labor. The nurse came in and told us "Looks like we are having a baby tonight, Dr. Smith is on his way, we should have you in the OR in 30 min." We were completely shocked and I am not sure I was ready.
Despite me being more nervous this time around than last time, the surgery went smoothly. Our little one came out screaming and crying, but everyone forgot to tell us if it was a boy or a girl. When the nurse said it was a girl, Brad and I just looked at each other and started to cry. I was completely shocked. I am still in shock.
We had a completely different experience this time around. Kayla never left our side the whole time we were at the hospital. I was able to feed her right away and she latched on immediately with no problem. I had no high blood pressure and no blood transfusion which was a huge blessing. We had a very calm relaxing 3 days at the hospital. Despite her loud entrance into the world, Kayla has proved to be a very calm, quiet baby. We are interested to see if this changes over the next few weeks as her personality comes to life.
The boys are definitely adjusting. They will come home today. So far they are very tentative and unsure of her. Andrew especially seems to be concerned. I know it is going to be really hard for me knowing they need extra love and attention right now and I can't even pick them up. Pray that Brad and I will have extra patience and extra love. Pray that I will be realistic on how much I can do and to give myself grace.
We are so amazed at how God has answered our prayers and given us a family beyond all our dreams.

1 comment:

Lorri said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your beautiful KAYLA!! I am SO EXCITED for you! What a perfect addition to your family. PINK PINK PINK! LOL Can't wait to meet her in person. What a blessing!