Thursday, September 16, 2010

Life is not fair.

Life is not fair. I know that we all know this, it is one of those lessons we learn in Kindergarten along with sharing and not eating glue. But even as adults is it a struggle. In the last few days I have talked with friend about various losses and struggles. Why does an amazing mom have to deal with the reality of possibly not having any more kids? Or a loyal friend has to be left stranded when a great friend simply walks out of her life. Why do little girls have to grow up to be teenagers and have emotionally hurtful fathers who cause years of pain and therapy to overcome? Life is just not fair. I see daily blessings in my life and the life of others around me. I know God is good and that we have sooo much to be thankful for. But still let’s be honest life stinks some times. I realize that if I really think about it, I don’t want life to be fair. I don’t want to have to live by the lowest common denominator. The reality is I don’t deserve any of the blessings I have and have received more mercy and grace than I could ever imagine. I know all that and I am confident that my friends who are struggling with loose and pain know that as well. But sometimes because we know all that we don’t give ourselves permission to morn, or permission to be frustrated. A lot of times we just need to have a good heart to heart with God, be honest with him about our pain, our fears, our loss. He knows our hearts; he is not shaking his fingers at us because we should be grateful rather than tearful. So if you are dealing with loss, in pain, frustrated, or just simply a sleep deprived mommy, take some time to cry it out. Crawl up on God’s lap and have a good old heart to heart. Let him join you in your brokenness and wipe away your tears. Life is not fair, luckily we know we have paradise waiting for us.

2 comments:

One Blessed Family said...

You are wonderful! I am so thankful to have you in my life :) Thank you for always letting me cry on your shoulder! I am indeed blessed.

rick and karen said...

If we could only remember this wisdom everyday.
I know your friends are blessed to have your understanding and compassion.