Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Nine Years Ago

At this moment 9 years ago I was standing beside my family and best friends taking picture after picture. I was both excited and calm as I anticipated the moment of walking down the isle to the arms of the man I loved and saying I do. I didn't think he could look any sexier than he did on our wedding day. Now, nine years later he is dressed down quite a bit in his blue bathing suit and is soaked from a water fight with our two boys. He is sexier today than he was 9 years ago.
Back then he was the man I loved, the man I respected, the man I trusted and dreamed about. Today he is still the man I love, the man I respect, the man I trust. Now he is the father of my 3 kids, our hardworking provider, the man I dream with, the man who keeps this family focused on God, our rock, and so much more. I knew when we got married my love for him would grow. What I didn't anticipate was how my trust and respect would grow along with that love. I absolutely love being a mom and I love my kids, but my relationship with Brad is even more important to me.

Brad, I love you. I can't believe it has been nine years already. I never had any doubts about marring you. However, I know now that I was a little naive about the depth of the commitment of marriage and the power of our vows. After nine years and a greater understanding of the significance of marriage, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to do it all over again. I still take you to be my husband, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part as long as we both shall live. I respect you for who you are as a man, a husband, a father, and am constantly amazed by your integrity, your work ethic, and your constant sacrifice. Thank you for being an amazing man of God and for following Him first as you lead this family.

No comments: