Monday, July 26, 2010

Waiting

Our 12 days are almost over. Brad is coming home from Argentina tomorrow. Brad travels for work and takes a missions trip every summer, so it is not a new idea for him to be away from home. Yet there was something about this trip that kept reminding me of dating long distance. Brad and I started dating his Senior (my junior) year of high school. When he graduated and went to California for school we did a year of long distance. Back in the old days (I know I am not that old, but in terms of technology I am), we communicated by aol IM and maybe a phone call once a month. See I told you I was old. These past few days I felt like I was reliving my senior year. I learned really quickly while doing long distance that the first few days and the last couple days were the hardest, somehow it got easier in the middle. That is still true. I am less than a day away from seeing him and some how I am missing him more today than I was before. The one comfort in going through this and reliving long distance is that I still miss him. It has been 12 years since our long distance days and our lives are completely different now, but we are still the same. I don't just miss him because he takes out the trash or takes the kids off my hands. Life is just more fun when he is around. 16 more hours, I think I can make it. But in terms of next years missions trip, we travel together or we don't travel.

No comments: